Friday, November 8, 2013

Hey Good Lookin What You Got Cookin

This week we learned all about the Kitchen and Nutrition. We learned about the difference between fruits and vegetables and what are foods that are good to eat everyday and foods that are ok to eat on special every now and then. 

We played a game on our smart board where everyone got a chance to come up, choose a food, and decide whether it was a healthy or unhealthy food. I was so impressed with my friends ability to not only name each food but to identify what category it belonged to. 

I decided to shake things up this year and instead of just learning about the kitchen we wanted to integrate some of my favorite books especially since they were all about food. 

Monday we read the story If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. That silly little mouse wanted a cookie and boy what a mess he ended up making. We decided to make some cookies for our mouse but we had to sort and count the chocolate chips write how many if each color an then add them together. To end our math lesson we had to have a special treat of chocolate chip cookies. They may be in the unhealthy catagory, but they were delicious!
After we finished counting chips everyone drew a picture of what they would give the mouse. 

On Tuesday we read if You Give A Moose A Muffin and created our own moose hats. Sadly I forgot to snap a picture, but they were super cute and everyone looked so cute eating their mini donuts in their moose hats. 


On Wednesday we read If You Give A Dog A Donut and created our own cute puppies and once again we had to have a special treat that went along with our story. I think my friends enjoyed their mini chocolate donuts because they were all begging for more.


On Thursday we read If You Give A Pig A Pancake and then we counted chocolate chips in the pancakes and practiced writing our numbers.
For snack I decided to make my friends pancakes of course, but I had to make them in the shape of our letter. Some turned out better than others, but they were still delicious and gluten free so even I could enjoy them (yum yum!)
Later on that day we had a feast of our favorite foods. Each student brought in their favorite food to share with their friends. We had pizza, lac n cheese, cheese dip, pomegranate seeds, yogurts, spaghetti just to name a few of the 20 items we tasted. It was quite the feast! Here you can see everyone gorging themselves. Poor babies slept it off in Thanksgiving rule food comas. I never heard a peep from anyone during nap time.  

Friday was yet again another half day. I found myself once again rushing around to get things ready for next week and to prepare myself for parent teacher conferences big we don't have another 4 day week for quite sometime I will be a happy little teacher. I will take everyday I can get to get everything ready for the next week. 

We read If You Give A Cat A Cupcake and the. Very one made their own unique cupcake. I decided to skip any special treats this day because we had had enough treats the day before. 


For jobs this week we made a Kangaroo K

And a kite k

We followed a Pizza Glyph to create some delicious pizza pies. 

We searched through a pile of leaves to match each letter on bout list and the. We practiced writing all of our letters. 

What a fun and tasty week down in 4k!

No comments:

Post a Comment