Friday, July 19, 2013

Double Duty

Welcome to my newest piece of real estate in the blogasphere!!

 I have decided to split up my blogging between my personal blogging and my school blogging. Things were just getting to jumbled up  over at The Good Life and I figured since there were so many other changes happening in my school life that I may as well give it it's own little space to shine.

One of the biggest changes some of you may not know about is my change in teaching partners. Last year my friend and co teacher Cathy was sadly leaving our happy little classroom to fulfill her dream of teaching in our ANGEL program. We had cried and laughed and hugged a million times and promised to still have inappropriate nap time conversations about her wild side back in the day. I had come to terms with my friend transferring classrooms and even though she was leaving me I still loved her. Sadly before she got a chance to fulfill her dream she was taken from us very quickly and suddenly. I will never forget that day and I will never forget my friend. I am still having a difficult time dealing with this loss and it weighs heavy on my heart everyday. I am so thankful to my family especially my school and church family for helping me get through such a difficult time.

Through out this difficult time in my life and teaching career a little blond ray of sunshine named Ann was thrown into my life and she helped pull me back from the brink of insanity. Poor sweet Ann showed up ready to help and help she did. She was my counselor, my shoulder, my co teacher and so much more. Thankfully for her we finished up the school year strong and then the waiting started. I never wanted to make Ann uncomfortable because I had no clue who would be working with me the next school year. I knew that I would have a new partner in crime because Cathy was moving classes I just had no clue who it would be, but I prayed every night that it would be Ann. One day after an extremely emotional chat with my assistant principal I just threw it out there that if anyone came into my classroom I wanted it to be Ann. Right at that moment Mr. Mullis our principal walked in and Ann (our assistant principal not Ann my co teacher) told him what I had said and they just laughed and played it off. Little did I know they had already had the same idea from the beginning. So we waited and wondered until the last day of school when we got the good news. Ann and I would be teaching together next year!!!! I think from the moment they asked Cathy if she wanted the ANGEL position they already had Ann in mind.

Now begins my internal battle with my brain. I am still reeling from the loss of my friend, but I am so so excited about working with Ann. I know once we get back to school my anxiety will pass and my babies will keep me so busy that I won't even have time to dwell. 

I am so happy and so excited about what the future holds and now I have a new place to share it. I will probably mostly post from my phone because I can snap quick picture and write a short blurb about our daily activities. My goal this year is to be more organized and prepared then ever and to teach my teacher to my fullest potential. I am so glad I spent so much time working on my lessons because that means this year I can tweak those things that need tweaking and spend the majority of my time tootie tahing with my friends. If you don't know what the Tootie Tah is I will take a video of it some day to share.

I am so excited about this school year!  We will be busy, but we will have fun!
I am already working on my Parent Orientation power point and my lesson plan for the first week is almost complete.



I leave you now with a few pictures so you can get a feel for what will go on around here.

 Sniffing hand lotion at naptime to combat the baby farts

 I miss you my dear friend. You will forever be in my heart and I know you will be there with us August 19 and everyday after. I can't wait to look outside my window each day and see your tree looking back at me. I hope it has blooms this spring.

Sadly she knows what she is getting herself into and she is still sticking around. You are an amazing person, friend, and teacher! I can not wait to teach with you Mrs. Ann! We are going to have an AMAZING year!

And last, but not least I am thinking about adding this into my Parent Orientation power point for an ice breaker. I think it will get a good laugh since I have already had half of parents in my class before.

Don't forget a bottle of wine and a cupcake (in my case a gluten free cupcake) 
at the end of the day makes everything better. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! I read that post with goose-bumps on my arms. Thank you, Ms. Roxanne, for the shout out. :) I am so blessed to spend my days in Ms. Roxanne's 4k; your love for the children and teaching, your firmness AND love are amazing. I know I will never be Ms. Cathy, and I look to her tree outside of our room every day. She is an angel, looking out for us now. I am so appreciative of the opportunity to work with you and our amazing Holy Rosary family of students, families, faculty and staff this year!! La vie est belle!! :) We'd better brush up on our french. We have a little fry in our room this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so lucky that you were placed into my life and I mean everything I said. You were an integral part of me making it through the rest of the school year. This year is going to be amazing especially because we have a special angel watching over us!!

    ReplyDelete