Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Welcome To Preschool and The Kissing Hand

I am pretty pumped! I have completed my first 2 lesson plans and am currently working on week 3's lesson plan! I hadn't really gotten the hang of making up my lessons last school year whilst adding in Jobs (more on those later) so I wasn't exactly happy with my first few lessons which is why I am redoing a few things. 
I can't wait to share! 

Our first 3 days of school in preschool are staggered days meaning only a few students will attend school each day and they will leave at 11:30 each day meaning we will be doing the exact same lesson 3 days in a row. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy in the words of a little friend from last year!

We will start our week by reading The Kissing Hand. Last year I wanted to get a Chester puppet, but couldn't justify spending $30-$40 for a raccoon puppet so I decided to make my own. I think he is even cuter then the original. He is od course made out of my favorite craft medium felt. 

After reading the story each student will draw a picture of what they think their first day of school will be like. While the students are coloring Mrs. Ann and I will paint each students hand to add to their picture later. 
I pinned this from Pinterest and of course the link led to nowhere so I can't give anyone credit which is sad. If anyone know where this idea comes from please let me know. 

What's the first week of school without a special treat and what's more special then  a hand cookie with a Hershey's kiss in the middle except this year I might switch the kiss for a red iced heart. I pinned this Pin, but this is not where I originally came up with the idea. I have actually been doing this Lesson for years now and have always given my students little hand cookies. Maybe I am the original person who came up with this idea!  I always wonder about all of the lessons and crafts that get passed around from teacher to teacher. I wonder how many people who are selling all of their ideas actually came up with those ideas. Thankfully for me there are super duper smart people coming up with so many amazing ideas because I sure as heck couldn't come up with all of the amazing ideas I use!

We will make a hand anchor chart to record each student's first day of school feelings 

We will make a few Chester crafts 


I thought it would be fun at the end of the week to make Friendship necklaces.

On Friday I will have the student follow our recipe for a successful year to enjoy at snack time after P.E.

So there you have it. Our first week in a nut shell. 
I am so excited to get started and get to know all of the little poeple I will spend the next 180 days with!

-Love Roxanne





No comments:

Post a Comment