Saturday, August 17, 2013

Ready, Steady, Go!


I still have a few things to cut out, but as of 4:30 Friday afternoon I can say we are ready to roll come Monday morning. We made it (barely) through parent orientation and I apologize to all of my super sweet parents for being so nervous! I can talk all day to 20 four year olds, but put me in front of a bunch of grownups and I become a babbling idiot. I know I forgot to tell them a million things, but hopefully the packet covered everything I missed.

Now enough of me being a complete spaz and onto the fun stuff! Decorations!

We have worked our booties off these past few days, but it was 100% worth it and I love how everything turned out. Somehow our polka dot theme turned into an owl theme which was completely unplanned, but I am really loving our "4k Is A Hoot" theme.  

Our classroom door

Since I go by Mrs. Roxanne and not Mrs. Doyle I decided to make a little door sign. 

Our Where We Are sign  incase anyone needs to find our class they can find us 

My view from my desk. The student tables and our peace table which will be an all purpose table for crafts, experiments, but it's main use will be for friends to sit and work out any issues and it will also be a place friends can go sit when they need a few minutes to chill out and calm down.



Our new behavior buckets. Instead of earning poker chips or tokens as we call them we will be using what we are calling "Buckets." Depending on what color each students ends they day on our Cool Colors Clip Chart they will earn sticks to place in their buckets. After earning 15-20 sticks (we haven't decided the actual number yet) students will be able to choose a treat from out treat box. ON the first day of school we will all work together to decided how to be a Bucket Filler and not a Bucket Dipper. 

Our soon to be Word Wall. These letters will hang from hooks on the wall and the words and pictures that go with each letter will be attached by a ring. The students will be able to take the letters and words down and use them to play, write, etc. They will also be able to put the letters in ABC order.

 
My desk and our Sensory Center. This center will not be open the first week of school to allow for students to become acclimated to centers because this one can get a bit messy. This center will be changed out as we go through the school year. 

My chair, our Hoot Owl, All of my "Teacher Stuff", and our classroom calendar.

The pan will be our Brownie Points which is how our class works together to earn their compliment parties (pajama party, dance party, movie party, etc.), Our Work Directions, Job Rotations, and How We Go Home display.


Soon to be our 100 Day Gumball Machine, Cool Colors Clip Behavior Chart, Sign In clips, and soon we will have our Class Rules hanging here. 


Line Up Feet


A View from the Door. 

Our other themes this year besides A ton of Polka Dots our super cute Owls are 

Be Organized and to Have As Much Fun As Possible! 

I have a feeling this is going to be a GREAT year! I can't wait to meet the rest of our babies and get started having some fun! 

Wish us luck this next week!! We'll need it!!

1 comment:

  1. The room looks great!! I'll be thinking about you, Mrs. Ann and all of your new 4K babies!! Keep an eye on my big kindergarten boy for me. We are going to miss you terribly even though I know that he is in great hands!! Have a great week!! :)
    -Erin Tyler

    ReplyDelete