Tuesday, August 27, 2013

All About Me

This week we are completing our first set of Jobs. You might be asking yourself what is a job exactly.  Well you're in luck because I am going to tell you all about it!

Basically each week we work on 4-5 different activities with each table completing 1 each day. Now you might be wondering how I keep up with 5 different tables completing 5 different activities all at the same time. 

 Welcome to my Jobs chart. On the board are the colors of the boxes each job is in. The colored squares that rotate are the table colors. Each day I rotate the Jobs down and whatever color each square is on is the box that they complete.

Everything that is needed for each job can be found in the box from pencils, stamps, dice, and 20 copies of each piece they may need to cut out. This means the entire week before we get EVERYTHING ready for the next week which takes a lot of work, but is 100% worth it. 
 Our beautiful Job boxes filled and ready to go.



Since we are learning all about ourselves this week I wanted to spend the majority of our time learning about our names and making self portraits. 

For our first job I had everyone at the table work as a team to listen to Mat Man's song and then put all of the pieces together to make his body. 




After they completed this task I had them go back to their seats to draw a self portrait

Next I wanted to see how everyone did with writing their names and recognizing the letters in their names so we Traced, Stamped, and Wrote them. 


We worked on cutting and direction following when we created our Self Portrait People.
And we put the letters in our name in order by creating pictures if ourselves and using the buttons to spell our name. 

Our last Job was to work with Mrs. Douglas on our scissor handling and cutting skills.
I would like to say that our first week of Jobs has been very successful and I am so happy with all of my little smart cookies. I am looking forward to telling my friends all about our Letter Friends and next week we will be learning about our very first letter of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment