Wednesday, August 28, 2013

No David!

Today we read the book David Goes To School by David Shannon. It is a story about a little boy who gets in trouble at school, but at the end of the day gets a gold star for helping the teacher. 

This was a great opportunity for us to talk about being bucket fillers and bucket dippers. After reading the story  I had each student tell me something David could do to be a bucket filler an make good choices and we wrote it on our David anchor chart. 

 My favorite bucket filler was to help clean Mom and Dad's room! I know my room could use a little help. Maybe I should teach McKinley this bucket filler too.
After each student got a turn we returne to our seats to make our very own David.  I love how each one is a little different and I love the faces they all gave David. Everyone was a little concerned with David not having any arms so we may have to add some to them later.

Hopefully David can help my little bucket fillers make good choices and earn those sticks for their buckets.

No comments:

Post a Comment